INFORMATION ABOUT US
(We, Us, Our) bikelifeclothing.co.uk and the Bike Life Clothing brand is a registered trademark. For the purpose of the data protection act 1998 (the “act”), the data controller is Bike Life Clothing internet group (we, our, us).
1. Your Personal Data
Personal data is defined as any information about you which is personally identifiable, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial details, registration name, password and other information from which you can be identified and which you disclose to us at any time.
2. We Use Your Information For The Following Purposes:
• to serve website content to you
• to handle orders, deliver products, process payments and refunds and provide statements
• to communicate with you about your orders
• to update our records and generally maintain your account with us
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details
• for our statistical or survey purposes to improve our site and blog and our services to you
• to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
• to contact you by email, post, or telephone, to ask you for feedback and comments on our services
• if you consent, to notify you by email of group products, promotions, competitions and special offers that may be of interest to you
• provide our blog to you and other users and to allow you to use and comment on our blog
3. Collection Of Your Personal Data
We collect your personal data, but not limited to when:
• you create an online account (“account”)
• you place an order via the website or by telephone
• you subscribe to the Bike Life Clothing newsletter
• you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us
• you disclose your personal data to us through the website or at any other point (including Bike Life Clothing stores)
• you have any communications with Bike Life Clothing or any of our related partners
The information that you provide when setting up your account or placing an online or telephone order may include your name, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, shipping address and payment information. Please note that we will not be storing your payment information, this will be done via a third party payments company. If you register to hold an account with us, you will also have a unique password which enables you to access your account.
Please note that we may record telephone calls at anytime. If we do record your telephone call, you will be made aware of this and the intended purpose of any such recording by an automated message before you speak to a member of the telephone sales team.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide on this website, or from other Bike Life Clothing entities and affiliates. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you (including information that is publicly available) from them.
3.1 Use of Your Personal Data
We use your personal data to:
• process and complete orders you place via the website or by telephone
• process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you
• monitor, develop and improve the website and your experience when using the website
• process the registration of your customer account and maintain your customer account
• send you dedicated offers and services
• end you information and marketing materials about new or existing Bike Life Clothing products and services
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, you can click on the relevant unsubscribe button or email us at email@example.com and let us know. You may still receive emails in regards to your account with us, however you will not receive any marketing material.
You can subscribe to Bike Life Clothing applications on account opening or at anytime thereafter. By doing so you choose to be informed at regular intervals of the commercial offers available on the Bike Life Clothing website and those of our commercial partners. You have the opportunity at any time to unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided for this purpose at the end of each newsletter or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. How to Opt In or Opt Out From Direct Marketing
Bike Life Clothing and carefully selected third parties may use the information you give us on our website for direct marketing purposes to provide updates, newsletters, events or other communications that we think may interest you based on your interaction with Bike Life Clothing and marketing surveys. Where required by law your prior consent will be obtained before sending direct marketing. In any event, we will offer you the option to unsubscribe on every communication sent.
6. Passing on Your Personal Data to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal data to:
• any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries; our ultimate holding company; its subsidiaries; and certain business partners which help us in processing your order, delivering your goods, taking your payment and analysing your use of the website in order to improve the website's efficiency
• carefuly selected business partners that have a close realtionship with Bike Life Clothing may use your personal data to send you information and marketing materials about new or existing products and services
• other third parties which may use your personal data to send you information and marketing materials about their products and services. We will only pass your personal data on to such third parties if you have ticked an “opt-in” box to indicate that you wish to receive such information. We may share, transfer or disclose your personal data to any potential or actual successor to our business.
7. Your Rights
You can access the personal information we hold about you via your account to obtain a copy of it and to correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. you can also close your account alltogether at any time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information on your account and keep it up to date. You may also update your personal information by contacting us through the contact details provided below. Please make sure to include your name, username, and order number or email address in your initial correspondence.
8. Data Security
we take data security seriously and have safeguards (including internal procedures and policies) in place to ensure data security is maintained to a high standard. we also use all efforts reasonably necessary to be sure that third parties who work with us to make this website and its contents available to you, and to fulfil your orders and requests, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our website and its visitors. we limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the secure treatment of your personal data. in particular, we will take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against loss or misuse and we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorized access. all the data collected by us is stored on a secure server.
where you have a password, which enables you to access our website, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential.
unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. once we have received your personal data, we will treat it in accordance with our security procedures.
When you visit the website, we may automatically collect the following information: your ip address, log-in information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the url clickstream to, through and from our websites, products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction. We collect information automatically through the use of various technologies, including through “cookies”, and this is explained further below.
• to administer our website for internal operations including troubleshooting purposes
• to better compose the website or our product information so that it is more relevant to your interests or preferences
• to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited, to determine the most popular areas of the website and generally in order to monitor usage of the website
• to allow us to keep our website safe and secure
• to measure and/or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies so you do not have to. If you wish to disable cookies then you can do so by readjusting your browser settings although please note that by disabling cookies you may not be able to register with or use all features of the website. See below for more information on how to disable cookies for some web browsers. For information about the specific cookies used on this website, please see below:
What It Does
Cookies necessary for essential website purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the website to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the services, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. for example, these cookies allow us to:
• save your location preference if you have set your location on the homepage
• remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colours
• show you when you are logged in
• store accessibility options
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how the website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize the website for you. This information will also be used for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Our third party partners use their own cookies and have their own privacy policies. Third party cookies are used to gather statistics, but cannot be used to identify individuals. We allow our partners to serve these third party cookies, but we do not have other access to them.
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. A large proportion of the advertisements you see on the website are generated by third parties. Cookies are often used by these third party partners to allow them to track the number of people who have clicked on or seen a particular advert or page and how many people have seen the advert or page more than once. Parts of this statistical data may be shared with us by third parties, allowing us to improve the targeting and placement of adverts on the website.
10. Location and Transfer of Your Personal Data
11. Links to Other Websites
We may offer links to third party websites however, we are not responsible for the content or information collection policies of third party websites. If you visit a third party website, we advise you to review their privacy and other policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to the third party websites.
12. Data Retention
We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. However, please be advised that we may retain some information after you have closed your account with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
14. Contacting Us